As Quistor we act as a data controller as well as a data processor and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and responsible for deciding how and why your personal information is collected and processed. Quistor is required under data protection laws to notify you of the information contained in this policy.
This policy describes Quistor and its affiliates (“Quistor”) practices for collecting, storing, and processing your personal information during your recruitment journey with us.
More in particular it states the data protection principles contained within the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in terms of the type of personal information we process and keep about you and the reasons why as well as with whom we may share your personal information and why. Finally, we describe your rights in relation to this information.
For us, it is important that you take good notice of this policy to be aware of how your personal information is being used by Quistor.
This Policy applies to all potential employees or contractors, who have provided personal information either directly or indirectly to Quistor.
“Personal Information” – Information is personal if it relates to an individual (a data subject) and an individual can be identified from that information. Examples of personal information include names, addresses, or email addresses.
“Special Category Information” – Examples of special category information include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sex life, and sexual orientation.
Data protection principles
Quistor is dedicated to complying with data protection law. This implies that any personal information held about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that have been clearly explained to you, and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes for which it was collected, and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- Kept securely
Processing personal information
Quistor is permitted to collect, retain and process the following types of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as your name, address, telephone numbers, and personal email address
- Date of birth
- Passport details, including a scan/photocopy for all potential employees
- Right to work documentation
- Location of current employment or workplace
- Any other recruitment information provided by you, to us, in a curriculum vitae (CV) or cover letter or online application, or received from a third party (such as a recruitment agency) as part of your application to Quistor
- Compensation information
How Quistor uses personal information
Quistor will only use your personal information, or special category information when there is a lawful basis for doing so. Most commonly, your information will be used in the following circumstances:
- When needed to perform a contract entered into with you
- When needed to comply with a legal obligation
- When it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Quistor and your interests and rights under data protection law do not override those interests
Quistor may also use your personal information, or special category information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare, and wouldn’t be considered part of the day-to-day processing activities of Quistor:
- When needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests)
- Where it is needed in the public interest
The situations in which Quistor may process your personal information as part of the recruitment process are listed below:
- To communicate with you, where necessary
- Making a decision about your recruitment opportunity or appointment
- Determining the terms on which you will work for Quistor
- Checking that you are legally entitled to work in the country where you will be based
- Ascertaining your fitness to work
- Complying with health and safety obligations
- To prevent fraud
Some of the above reasons for processing may overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify the use of your personal information, or special category information. For further details please email HR@quistor.com.
Failure to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested Quistor may not be able to fulfill some or all of its obligations to you, and/or may be prevented from complying with legal requirements.
If you feel that you are being requested to provide more personal information than necessary, please email HR@quistor.com.
How special category information is used
Special category information is considered more sensitive than personal information, and as such requires a greater level of protection.
Quistor is required to have further justification for processing this type of information, and will only do so in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent
- Where required to carry fulfill a legal obligation or exercise rights in connection with your employment
- Where it is needed in the public interest
Change of purpose
Quistor will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. In the event that it is needed for an unrelated purpose, Quistor will notify you and explain the lawful basis for the processing.
Information regarding criminal convictions
If we were to find out that someone applying to work for us was suspected of committing a criminal offence, Quistor will only collect such information where legally permitted.
During the course of your application to Quistor your personal information will only be shared within Quistor (including those located outside of the EEA).
Your personal information will be shared where necessary, and in the following circumstances:
- To make a decision about your recruitment or appointment
- To determine the terms on which you will work for Quistor
- Where Quistor has a legitimate interest in doing so
- Where required by law
Quistor has put in place the appropriate and necessary security measures to protect your personal information, or special category information from being accidentally lost, altered, disclosed, or used, or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, Quistor limits access to this information to only those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know.
Quistor has several policies in place to safeguard your personal information and special category information and to deal with suspected or actual breaches of this information.
For further details please contact email@example.com.
Your personal information will be processed for the duration of your recruitment journey with Quistor plus a reasonable period thereafter. If your job application is successful, the personal information collected during the recruitment process will be added to your human resources file and retained for the duration of your employment.
Under certain circumstances, you have the legal right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request, where applicable, that personal information held about you by Quistor is corrected
- Request erasure of your personal information
If you would like to enforce any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I do to control cookies?
You have the possibility to change your browser settings so that you are able to accept or decline the placing of cookies or delete cookies which have been set on your hard drive. Most of the web browsers allow their users control of most of the cookies through an amendment of the browser settings. If you would like to find out more about how you can change browser settings, how to view and manage cookies that have already been set on your device, or delete cookies, please have a look on: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to contact us in case of any questions
If you have questions or concerns about the way we are handling your information, please email us with the subject line “Privacy Concern” at email@example.com.
The controller of your personal information is the Quistor affiliate who is hiring.
If you have questions or complaints about the use of your Personal Data, please contact:
Quistor +31 164 213 300
You can also contact our legal department directly via firstname.lastname@example.org