Cap Migrates On-Premise Citrix Apps to Hybrid Cloud With Oracle PaaS
17 June 2020
The deployment of Citrix to the Oracle Cloud gives Cap greater flexibility and more secure access. In addition to providing this security, the customer is now taking advantage of other benefits of the Oracle Cloud, such as adaptability and scalability.
The Solution: Application Virtualization
Application virtualization allows you to run an application from a device on which it is not installed. The objective of this virtualization is ensuring that the applications can work independently of the specific characteristics of the environment in which they run. This eliminates compatibility problems.
Moving the Citrix on-premise desktop application to a hybrid cloud environment with Citrix Cloud and Oracle PaaS enables the customer to achieve higher performance and scale up and down more easily, in addition to reducing the CTOs.
Benefits for the customer
- Ease of database migration from Citrix environment to Oracle Cloud
- Work from anywhere and any device through a remote environment with access to local office computers
- Deployment of the environment on other devices (app, mobile phone, etc.)
- DPC maintenance savings
- Decreased CPUs
Used Oracle Products
- Database Cloud Services Standard Edition
- Infrastructure with Windows machines, mainly Load Balancer
- IPsec connections
Cap enjoys huge cost savings after migrating its outdated on-premise data center.
“Moving our on-premise Citrix applications to a hybrid cloud environment with the Citrix Cloud and Oracle PaaS has enabled us not only to achieve higher performance and scale up and down more easily when needed but also to reduce the CTOs. Quistor has been the best partner to accompany us on this path.”
– Félix Bermudez (CEO en Cap)